The significance of marketing in securing suitable occupants should be recognized by owners of rental properties. You are missing out on a tremendous opportunity if you haven’t tried to utilize virtual tours! It can be a great method to show prospective tenants what to expect before they visit your rental homes by giving them the option to take a virtual tour. We’ll go over the advantages of using virtual tours for your rental property marketing and the reasons why every owner of a rental property should in the paragraphs that follow.
Virtual Tour Basics
A virtual tour is a computer-generated model of a rental home that allows prospective tenants to virtually explore the area. Virtual tours offer a thorough and immersive picture of every room, unlike photos that just show a portion of the property. In addition, prospective tenants are able to visualize the physical layout of their furnishings and assess the proportions of various rooms and areas within the residence through the use of virtual tours.
Virtual tours of rental properties are favored by a significant number of tenants, according to recent research. According to data compiled by Zumper, more than 70% of tenants said they would be open to renting an apartment without physically seeing it as long as they could view it via a three-dimensional virtual tour.
Types of Virtual Tours
With virtual tours, potential tenants may explore your rental homes from anywhere without physically being there, giving them an immersive experience. Before they see the property, they will be able to assess whether the place meets their demands and grasp it. 360-degree virtual tours, 3D virtual tours, and virtual reality tours are the three primary varieties of virtual excursions available.
1. 360-degree Virtual Tour: By piecing together multiple photos to generate a single panoramic image, 360-degree virtual tours are produced. Potential tenants can click and drag to explore the entire room in an image provided by these tours. For rental property proprietors who are new to the world of virtual tours, 360-degree virtual tours are an outstanding choice due to their inexpensiveness and are simple to create.
2. 3D Virtual Tour: Compared to a 360-degree virtual tour, a three-dimensional (or “true”) virtual tour offers a more immersive experience by letting prospective tenants explore the property as if they were in person. Utilizing specialized software, these excursions are assembled from a collection of numerous photographs taken of a rental property. High-end rental properties usually use three-dimensional virtual tours because they take a lot of time and effort to get good results.
3. Virtual Reality Tour: The most cutting-edge and captivating method of touring properties is through virtual reality (VR) tours. Potential tenants are afforded the opportunity to virtually traverse the premises, investigating each room, by donning a virtual reality (VR) headset. As virtual reality VR technology becomes more widely available, excursions that were previously uncommon are now becoming more commonplace.
The Benefits of Using Virtual Tours
After discussing the fundamentals of virtual tours, let’s look at some advantages for marketing your rental property with them.
• Convenience. One notable advantage of virtual tours is their exceptionally high degree of convenience. Renters who are interested in your properties can visit them without having to leave their homes or work schedules. Renters from out-of-state or abroad who need assistance setting up a time to visit and physically see the home will particularly benefit from this.
• 24/7 Availability. Virtual tours are accessible seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. This implies that prospective renters won’t have to accommodate your availability; instead, they can visit your rental units on their own time.
• Increased Online Engagement. Additionally, virtual excursions have been shown to boost engagement. SEO, or the digital visibility of a rental property, can be enhanced through the use of virtual tours. Incorporating a virtual tour into your property listing is an excellent method to enhance your search engine position as Google favors new and original material.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Tours
Now that you are aware of the advantages of virtual tours, the following advice will assist you in maximizing their use:
• Quality Matters. It’s better to use high-quality images and videos as grainy or low-resolution images are bad for virtual tours. Utilize high-quality virtual tour content to increase prospective tenants’ awareness of your rental properties.
• Include a Call to Action. Towards the end of your virtual tour, incorporate a call to action (CTA). A call to action (CTA) is a phrase or button that implores prospective tenants to proceed with the next action, such arranging a showing or getting in touch with you for additional details. A CTA encourages potential tenants to take action and get one step closer to signing a lease.
It is a fantastic notion to provide prospective tenants with a sense of your rental properties without requiring them to pay a physical visit; virtual tours enable this. This is the ideal time to start using virtual tours in your rental property marketing if you haven’t already. Contact your local Real Property Management office today to learn more about incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.